Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Kubota B7300HSD. A plug (part#:6A100-12180) has a crack in

Customer Question

Kubota B7300HSD. A plug (part#:6A100-12180) has a crack in the center and is leaking. It is on the clutch housing rear cover that contains the gears and bearings for transferring the drive from the clutch shaft to the propeller shaft. My questions are: is this plug a filler plug? What type of lube to use in the housing cover? And how much? Until it flows out through the hole for the filler plug? Thanks
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The B7300HSD has a transmission dipstick, and the oil filler is on top of the three point housing! The plug that is leaking, is only a plug to seal the hole! Like a freeze plug! The oil is the same Kubota hytrans oil, used in everything but the engine! You fill until you get to the full mark on the dipstick!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, we're not on the same page. This cover mounts on the back of the clutch housing. A propeller shaft connects it to the hydro-trans. If you reference my part numbers, you can see what I'm referring to.