Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 3 cyl Model D950. The engine shut down while working,

Customer Question

I have a 3 cyl Model D950. The engine shut down while working, as if the fuel was cut off. On trying to re-start. I turned the key on and could not hear the pump running. When I checked the pump, I found a black wire connected to the pump and a second black wire coming from the same pump connection that was not connected to anything. I could not find where this wire goes. Can you help me?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a voltmeter ? Pump has to have a power wire and the other wire has to be a ground wire. Do you have battery voltage to the wire connected to the pump? If so, the second wire has to go to ground, it may have been connected at the pump mounting bolt.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
did you find the problem?