Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Over ten years of expirence in Ag Electronics and Hydraulics
32685367

5045D 340hrs. used last week no clutch problems. This morning

Customer Question

5045D 340hrs. used last week no clutch problems. This morning clutch pedal will not disengage clutch.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with your question.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
In your description you say that your clutch pedal will not disengage, do you mean that you cannot push the pedal down or that it pushes down and the tractor still won't go into gear or won't stop moving?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can depress the pedal but the clutch does not disengage. The resistance on the pedal seems normal and the free travel is within spec.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I apologize for the delayed response.
I opted out earlier as I was not going to be available for a while.
It sounds as if the clutch disc has either rusted to the flywheel or the splines that the disc ride on are rusted or grooved. We have had a few tractors that the splines were not properly hardened making the disc wear into the shaft. Most of the time you will notice a problem getting the tractor into gear when this particular problems starts to surface.
For now lets assume that the problem is simply a bit of rust. Typically we would make as if we were going to pull start the tractor with the key off. Simply hold the clutch down and pull the tractor stopping every few feet. If you have a few guys put the tractor in high gear, hold the clutch down and rock the tractor back and forth.
If the clutch fails to release then the tractor may need to be split to resolve the problem.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Thanks,
Kevin
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to check in to see if you had gotten your clutch issue resolved.
Please let me know if there is anything further I can do to assist you.
Thanks,
Kevin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your diagnosis was correct. Unfortunately it came late to help.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad your tractor is back up and running. My apologies for the delayed response, I will submit your question for reimbursement. Please us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.Thanks,Kevin