Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a D140 that runs fine, however, when I pull the PTO

Customer Question

I have a D140 that runs fine, however, when I pull the PTO switch up to engage the deck drive - blades they do not turn. I replaced the switch and they still do not turn. I do not see how this could be a mechanical problem. I have not replaced (or trouble shot) the wiring harness yet.
Any ideas?
Brian
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Have you ran jumper wires from battery to the electric clutch to see if the magnet clicks in? If the clutch is good, and it has new switch, check the relay between the pto switch and the electric clutch. Deere uses a relay in between so the switch does not have to carry all the amperage. It is square relay, under dash area, look at he wire colors at the electric clutch and see if same colors are at the relay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** check on this tomorrow. Brian
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK< thanks.