Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 516G riding mower. I don't think the clutch is releasing,

Customer Question

I have a 516G riding mower. I don't think the clutch is releasing, so it won't move. Is there an easy solution?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
When did it last drive? The drive is a belt between the engine and the top pulley on the transmission? Clutch is the belt tightening up when you release the pedal. Has either of the rear wheels been off for flat repair?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just bought it used. Got it home & ran over some fencing. Cut that out & mowed for 10 minutes. Put it in reverse, and it wouldn't move. The clutch pedal hardly moves when it's released. The wheels have not been off.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
See if the belt from engine to transmission is on all the pulleys
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it looks good.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The belt and clutch have a spring that tightens the belt and gives the clutch feel, do you see the return spring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I do.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is it moving when you push the clutch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe I'm not looking at the correct spring. Is it on the end of the rod that moves the pulleys when you push the pedal?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
There has to be a spring for the clutch and pulleys. Here is parts link. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.partstree.com/parts/simplicity/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/516g-1692830-agco-516g-lawn-tractor-16hp-gear-44-deck/