Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have fuel starvation problems with my Kubota L245DT tractor. The fuel is getting to the

Customer Question

I have fuel starvation problems with my Kubota L245DT tractor. The fuel is getting to the injector pump fine ,engine Runs up to speed and then nearly stops and the runs up to speed again.Thereis no power.
Any ideas
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I think you have it right! Fuel starvation.And with diesel engine, it is being restricted from the tank to the fuel filter. With gravity flow system, it is dependent on the flow from tank to filter, to the injection pump. You say it has good flow to the injection pump, but does it when you are running? It takes small amount of fuel for engine to run without load, but needs much more fuel when running with load. I think you have tank outlet hose that is restricted, either at the tank, or where it goes into the filter housing. That is what I would check.