Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My Ford 7600 seems like the clutch is slipping what can I do

Customer Question

My Ford 7600 seems like the clutch is slipping what can I do to check it or how do I trouble shoot it
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Clutch is mechanical clutch, on the back of the engine, Does clutch slip in the higher gears? Do you have free play in the clutch pedal linkage? Clutch needs to have about 1 inch of freeplay, or it can't put full pressure on the clutch disc. All the adjustment you have is the freeplay of the clutch. You can't see it through the clutch housing, so tractor has to be split to check and replace.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please call me(###) ###-####
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I can't tell you anything on the phone, I haven't already said, it will just cost you more money!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is such a rip off I all ready know everything you replied with you haven't helped in any way
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have freeplay in the clutch? If so,replace the clutch!