Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Kubota RTV 1100 2007model after startup the engine runs up

Customer Question

Kubota RTV 1100 2007model after startup the engine runs up to a high rpm and won't shut off by turning the key off. I have to pull the air filter and plug the air inlet to kill the engine
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You have a stuck injector plunger in the pump assembly!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
all the injector plungers are linked together and if one sticks, it sticks them all!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Injector pump assy will need to be removed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are right. When I removed the pump I found one injector stuck in. I took out the screw to remove it and found the spring and plunger broken. These two broken pieces jammed up the control rod sticking it at full throttle. Turning the key off didn't kill the engine because of the jammed control rod. I feel lucky I could get the pump out with the control rod locked in position because the pin has to line up with a notch in the crankcase. It took a lot of manipulation to get it removed. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Good job! Thanls!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Good job! Thanls!