Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a New Holland H8040 windrower. It will move in reverse,

Customer Question

I have a New Holland H8040 windrower. It will move in reverse, but every time I try to go forward the monitor beeps and flashes "Propulsion fault" What is the problem-- Can I fix it? I have disconnected the batteries and reconnected them, and still have the same result.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. This could be electrical in the harness or a sensor/switch, control issue or even mechanical. Check the fault code information to help isolate the problem circuit and also check the hydraulic filter for signs of metal/debris that would flag an internal component failure. If clean then you will need the service book to follow the troubleshooting steps and testing covered in the manual. Copy and paste this link in your browser for a PDF manual of over 1600 pages for your Windrower under 42 dollars. Let me know.
https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/246392453-new-holland-h8040-self-propelled-windrower-service-repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I check the fault code information? Is there a way for me to read these codes myself?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure if there is a manual fault code retrieval procedure for this model but if so it will be covered in the manual on the procedure and the list of fault codes, schematics and troubleshooting will be in the manual. I do not have a copy of this manual for this particular model unfortunately.