Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a 1985 4610 and wen I started it up I put the transfer

Customer Question

I have a 1985 4610 and wen I started it up I put the transfer case in "Hi" and when I tried to put the transmission in any gear 1 thru 8 it would not go into gear. I placed the transfer into "Low" and the same thing happened. I took the trabsfer out of engage and placed it in neutral and then tried shifting fears and they all worked but when I tried to engage the trnsfer gear to "Low" or 'Hi" the Transfer would not go into either low or hi, I placed the gear shift into neutral and then I could engage "low" or Hi, either one would work but the with the transfer engaged I could not put the transmission in any gear. What is this all about, please?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the standard transmission or the synchronized transmission? Synco will have shift on the steering column. Regular will have shifters on the shift cover between your legs. I think you will find that the problem is with the shift cover , not letting the other shift take place.