Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a B2500 diesel tractor that now will not start. When

Customer Question

I have a B2500 diesel tractor that now will not start. When I turn the key, all lights come on, but the starter will not turn over. I suspected a malfunction in the interlock switches (PTO, clutch and rabbit/hare run switches). I bypassed all these by shorting the two connections at the starter solenoid; the tractor started.
It is now a couple of days later, and now the battery is completely dead. I am charging it now.
Can you tell me where all safety interlock switches are so I can check them? Also can you suggest what could have caused the battery to drain completely? Sounds like some short somewhere.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Seat switch, neutral switch for transmission and pto switch are the only three that would cause start problem. You have dead battery, are you sure battery is good? How old is battery?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you see my response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are these interlock switches located so I can check them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you see my response too?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Seat switch is at the seat, the neutral on the transmission control cover,and the pto on the side of the pto valve, where the pto linkage can push it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you be more specific as to the location of these switches? Is it possible to send photos? I do not think I have a seat switch, since I did not see any wires when I took the seat off to put on my snowblower attachment to gain access to the hydraulics under the seat.
Also, my tractor is B2400, not B2500 as previously stated.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://www.kubota.com/part/partsList.aspx
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
go to the Kubota site above, input model, go to electrical. then Panelboard, there shows three switches, two neutral and one clutch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your Kubota link was truncated. I could not find anything in the parts section on the Kubota website that gave me the choice of either electrical or panelboard. Even the search function on that webpage came back empty.Would you please give me the complete Kubota webpage address?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
first thing you have to do is accept there declaration!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Then the parts page opens!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see anything on the parts page that says "accept". If I am blind, can you please describe where on the page the "accept" is located?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Terms and conditions on the bottom of first page.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Access to this information is only allowed from within the US. How can I access this info from Canada?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I assumed that if you could pull it up, you could access it! Not sure about Canada! Try this one---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Kubota Canada Ltd. Parts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Canadian website is not much help. I sent them an email under "contact us".
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I see two switches at the seat.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
One at the clutch housing, and one on the shift cover.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you be more specific where on the seat and where on the clutch housing. Photos or a drawing would help.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I can't attach! It has lost the attach header! sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unless you can find another way to send me the drawings or sketches, I was planning on waiting until Kubota Canada replied to me email request. I will keep you informed of the results.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK< thanks