Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a scania 113m, we hAVE JUST REPLACED REAR TRUNNION

Customer Question

Hi , i have a scania 113m, we hAVE JUST REPLACED REAR TRUNNION BEARINGS AND BUSHES ETC, DOES THE SCANIA 113M HAVE CHASSIS PADS , WE HAD A LOAD ON YESTERDAY AND THE ACTUAL SPRINGS WERE HITTING THE CHASSIS WITH A LOUD BANG AFTER TURNING WHEN LOADED . LOOKING UNDER OR ALONGSINSIDE THE END OF THE SPRINGS WHERE THEY GO INTO THE BRACKET AT FRONT OF REAR SUSPENSION LOOKS LIKE THE CHASSIS SHOULD HAVE PADS ? TO ALLOW FOR TURNING MOVEMENT AND SPRING RETURN.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. The springs should never flatten or be loaded enough to hit the chassis or frame. If they are hitting the springs are too light for the application you are using the truck for. Your remedy is either to add more leaves to the springs to stiffen them up or replace them if they are worn with a heavier duty spring. Let me know