Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

We have a 3040M Kabota tractor and the steering is a problem,

Customer Question

We have a 3040M Kabota tractor and the steering is a problem, the steering wheel will turn
and the wheels will not turn.
Can you tell us the fix for this
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
M4030? I don't find 3040. But it looks like you would have a steering valve under the steering wheel, going to a single power steering cylinder. I would think that the item that has failed is the steering cylinder. It would have internal leak, and will not build pressure to turn the wheels, the steering valve rarely quits.There are ways to test the valve, yo would remove the power steering hoses at the cylinder and plug them, if valve is hard to turn, valve is ok. Or check the cylinder, can you get cylinder to turn to the stops in either direction? Figure out which hose would be pressure at the cylinder, remove the opposite hose,and pressure the cylinder, if oil pours out the open hole, the cylinder is bad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Mr. Curtis

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!