Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

White smoke is pouring from the exhaust of my Z810, otherwise

Customer Question

white smoke is pouring from the exhaust of my Z810, otherwise it seems to operate.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
White smoke from exhaust can be oil in the cylinders. Is oil level correct? Is oil thin from gas in the oil? Does the oil smell of fuel? Did it start smoking all at once? Could the gas be contaminate with diesel fuel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A John Deere Z810 is a diesel engined zero turn mower,oil level seems high (letting the engine cool overnight and will check in the am).
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
It can have diesel in the oil, same as a gas engine would have gas in the oil. Deere parts manual shows the Z810A as a gas unit! What engine do you have the Yanmar diesel?