Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My farmtrack 340 had a new clutch last year but now after light

Customer Question

My farmtrack 340 had a new clutch last year but now after light use over the winter the transmission is slipping in middle and higher gear ranges
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
transmission serial #P010243
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the transmission filter/strainer for metal debris( friction material that would indicate an internal failure. Check the oil condition for discoloration and burnt smell that would also indicate internal problems. If debris and discoloration is noted and clutch material is found in the filter/strainer( suction screen) then it confirms an internal clutch problem requiring dissassembly and rebuild. I do not have the pressure specs for this model but I also recommend getting the specs and checking to see if the transmission pressures are within specs or if you might have a weak pump or a plugged suction screen causing low pressure. Let me know
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? Let me know if you need more help or please feel free to rate if my information has helped as that is how the experts receive credit for their time on the site.