Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

We have a John Deere 3400 telehandler. The bucket will empty

Customer Question

We have a John Deere 3400 telehandler. The bucket will empty out but will not come back up to the high position. I think it must be a hydraulic problem
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Deere shows a lock valve on the tilt circuit. Shows square block with a knob on it.?? Could this knob be closed? Typical telehandler would have counter-balance valves on each cylinder, but looks like Deere does this at the control valve. You would have to check the relief valves on the tilt section , at the control valve. I assume the cylinder holds the load in the bucket and doesn't dump itself. If it did, then the cylinder would have internal leakage.