Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have an 8n 1948 ford tractor. my generator seems to work

Customer Question

i have an 8n 1948 ford tractor. my generator seems to work very well, the problem is that i am burning out my condenser all to often. never had trouble like this before. it starts now better than it ever has. why am i burning out me condenser?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
What is the voltage at the terminal on the distributor? Tractor should have a resistor that cuts the voltage to the distributor. If you get full battery voltage, the resistor is not in the circuit. The condenser and pints burn out much quicker if it gets full battery voltage. Is tractor still 6 volts, or has it been converted to 12 volts?