ASETECH2073
ASETECH2073, Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician. Certified on Daimler Trucks Certified on Detroit & Mercedes Engines
61485557

I have a BX 25 with about 500 hours on it. It has a recurring

Customer Question

I have a BX 25 with about 500 hours on it. It has a recurring problem with the engine almost stalling (sometimes stalling completely) when the tractor changes orientation (that is when the slope changes from uphill to downhill or left to right).
I have changed fuel filters, last year even had the fuel tank taken out and cleaned, thinking there might be water drops in there that were blocking the fuel line sporadically. Did that at the dealer who I bought the unit from originally. I use fuel antigel in every tankful, follow the directions, and buy my fuel from name brand stations. No visible debris or water drops in my fuel cans.
I have nearly a thousand dollars sunk in repair costs so far, and the problem continues.
Any ideas as to what I'm missing? Thanks for any assistance.
Aside from this major annoyance, this has been an outstanding tractor!!
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  ASETECH2073 replied 1 year ago.
Good morning if it is only happening when you change orientations, I would look for a damaged pick up tube, or a piece of debris stuck in the pick up tube.
I understand your frustration, I see this a lot.
Fill your tank all the way to the top, remove the line from the tank to the pump and blow air back into the tank (with the cap off) at a low pressure. Look for bubbles other than at the opening of the pick up. Also look for debris that may have come dislodged from the pick up tube.