Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

A terex 760 rubber tired*****backhoe; When loading

Customer Question

a terex 760 rubber tired*****backhoe; When loading dirt and moving short distances, it works fine. But, when you drive it any distances it will stop moving, it is not fuel, it seems like it is between the hydraulic pump and the transmission. The filter has been changed and found no metal in it. The engine will rmp up like it is supposed to, but it stops moving and if you wait awhile, it will start working again. And once again it will stop.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If no metal is found in the trans or hyd filter then I recommend also checking the oil condition for burnt smell/ discoloration and if clean the next step is to have the pressures tested to see if they are in specs. If so check all your fuses and relays and test for power in and out of the transmission shift controller for a possible faulty shift controller. Another thing to check is the neutralizer circuit. There should be a switch to shut this function off and also if equipped with the neutralizer button on the joystick, you could have a harness problem where the wiring has rubber through. Let me know