Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a pulley (right side) that I am trying to remove to

Customer Question

I have a pulley (right side) that I am trying to remove to replace my belt on a John Deere D110 and it doesn't seem to come off. Does the bracket it is attached to need to be removed, or is it just difficult to get off?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Parker. My name is ***** ***** will be glad to try to help. Copy and paste this link in your browser, type in the model number then go to sectional index to access the online parts manual breakdowns. Let me know what item number pulley you are referring to and your serial number so I can be sure we are on the same page and you get correct info.
http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm seeing a GY20067 flat idler
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Serial # *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we still connected
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Item 3 in the picture are the nuts that hold the idlers on if we are looking at the same picture but in either case you can remove the center nut to remove the pulley from the shaft.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done that. The idler just doesn't want to come off
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info... so the nut is off and the idler will not slide off the shaft? will it spin or is it seized? have you loosened the tension of the belt? Pulley # ***** will let you release tension. Bracket 12 can be moved to release the tension. Try removing the springs with vice grips and if removing the spring tension does not give you enough slack, remove bracket 12 as an assembly.