Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

2003 Kubota BX2200D, excellent shape, very low hours, everything

Customer Question

2003 Kubota BX2200D, excellent shape, very low hours, everything was running fine. Was working, turning on and off as getting off and on. Stopped to fill with fuel and when starting, nothing happened, no sound, nothing, just silence. All gauges, lights, etc. operate, fuel pump activates, glow plug light comes on, but when turning to last position for starter nothing. Checked power to starter showed 11. I replaced starter with new one, same issue. nothing. All fuses are good.
What could it be? Bad battery, bad ignition switch, bad battery cable? Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thank you
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Where do you get the 11 volts? At the switch wire on solenoid from the key switch? What does the battery voltage show? What does it drop to when you turn the key to start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to respond, but the credit card company put a fraud hold on the payment. That's clear now.
My son did the test and it was at the starter when he said 11. There is no gauge for the battery, just an idiot light, which does come on when you turn the key. But it always came on since we fixed the electrical. I just bought the tractor from a friend and it had basically sat for 5 years and was used occasionally by another friend of his. When I bought it there were no lights, meters, etc. working. My son tested and fixed all of that. I did all the maintenance required and was running it, It was performing excellently. Then I stopped and it stopped. The battery is old, so maybe the battery just gave up. I have the ignition switch, starter and battery out to take it for testing this afternoon. Any thoughts you have may save some time. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response from you yet. I put new battery in and still no change. The auto store could not test the starter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I can't get a response, just forget it.