Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 1988 JD 4450 with power shift and the transmission

Customer Question

I have a 1988 JD 4450 with power shift and the transmission and the transmission will not shift in to park when you activate the shifting lever.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the shift linkage for excessive wear, binding, broken roll pins( levers slipping on the shafts)and verify the linkage is fully engaging in each selector position as it should and not binding/seized or not fully engaging due to worn or faulty linkage. If ok there could be other internal problems causing this issue. Copy and paste this link in your browser to access the online parts book to help identify the linkage and internal components to help with this. Enter your tractor model, then select the sectional index to get to the transmission section. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper.
http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt