Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

John deere 770 - engine cranks but no sound of attempting to

Customer Question

john deere 770 - engine cranks but no sound of attempting to fire up. had a negative battery cable that broke at grounding point and replace cable - still only cranks
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Is this the 770 utility tractor or the motor grader? I just want to be sure we are on the same page with the right piece of equipment. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Utility
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. There are two types of fuel systems used on these tractors. One is a cartridge style pump and the other is an inline pump driven off the front gear train. Let me know which style you have. Also check the fuel shutoff solenoid and verify it is moving the shut off lever on the pump and getting power with the key on and engine cranking to open up the pump for fuel to start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dan - i am at work at will go and investigate the type of pump that exists on the tractor. We purchase it late last year and i have not spent time under the hood so to speak except for oil changes and lubing the fitting. It's a diesel so some of this is new to me. I will respond once i determine the pump type.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. Thanks for the update. Copy and paste this link in your browser to access the online parts catalog to compare. Just type in your model in the box and then go to sectional index.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.