Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Trying to time this 14t. Unfortunately I'm new to this and

Customer Question

Trying to time this 14t. Unfortunately I'm new to this and don't know what the name of the parts are. Can you help me identify them.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. Copy and paste this link in your browser for a great informational video on this baler for identification and maintenance tips.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mxn4eyr5Mc
1. Remove shield and main drive case.
2. Place feeder pin in the bottom hole of the feeder teeth.
3. Remove shield and knotter chain.
4. Adjust the feeder drive chain idler just snug against the chain with thumb pressure, and tighten the idler mounting bolt.
5. Turn the flywheel counterclockwise to move the plunger-head on the compression stroke to a point where the face of the plunger-head is in the center of the front feeder slot in the bale case top.
6. Locate the left-hand edge of the feeder tooth 17-5/8 inches, measured horizontally, from the extreme left-hand top of the feeder support. A block may be used as a gauge to hold the teeth in this position. It should be placed between the teeth and the feeder support bracket, and should be held in this position until the timing is completed.
7. Connect the main drive chain. Turn the flywheel clockwise as necessary to install chain with the drive side tight. Tighten the idler against the chain with thumb pressure.
8. With the needles in their home position, trip the trip dog roller with the bale measuring arm and rotate the clutch ring counter clockwise (facing the L.H. side of the baler) until the lug on the inside of the clutch ring contacts the trip dog roller.
9. Install the knotter drive chain. If necessary, back the clutch ring away from the roller to install the chain.
10. check the needle timing by continuing the plunger-head on it's compression
stroke. When the tip of the highest needle has risen flush with the top edge of the bale case bottom groove flanges, there should be from 1 to 2-1/2 inches between the face of the plunger-head and the center of the rounded portion at tip of the needle.
11. If the plunger-head and needles are not yet timed properly, make final adjustment again by removing the main drive chain and moving plunger-head away from needles if they are less than 1 inch apart or toward needles if they are more than 2-1/2 inches apart.
Note: This will change the 17-5/8-inch feeder-tooth dimension when the plungerhead is centered in slot. The feeder-head will still be in time if this dimension is between 16-3/4 and 18-14 inches.
12. After the correct needle timing has been obtained, move move the plunger-head through one complete cycle to make certain that the feeder teeth and the plunger-head clear each other and that the needles enter the bale case properly when checked with feeder pivot pin in both top and bottom holes.
13. If proper timing cannot be obtained, it may be necessary to vary the length of the needle lift link. lengthening of the link will cause the needles to rise at a later time, and come closer to the face of the plunger-head when the tip of the highest needle is flush with the top of the bottom bale case flange. If needle lift link is changed, recheck timing to make sure all adjustments are within the correct tolerances.
Let me know if you need more help.