Rex L.
Rex L., Contractor
Experience:  Work on AG- Contruction and industrial equipment
34138167

I have a sabre model 2148 lawn tractor . the battery drains

Customer Question

i have a sabre model 2148 lawn tractor . the battery drains after I cut for about 1 hr Ire charge it and it tests 13 volts plus on the bench . On the tractor with it running it tests the same voltage . why after cutting a while if you kill the tractor the battery does not have enough power to crank the engine?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Rex L. replied 1 year ago.
Check your voltage when it will not start and see what it says. With engine rev all the way up and pto off you should get a reading of 13 to 14.6. If the charging system is working correctly. The charging system must be working or it won't keep up on the voltage that the pto is using. The pto may also be going bad and pulling more voltage and amps that it should and that will drop the battery down.