Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

JD 2025r rear pto will not start. Light on dash comes on, pto

Customer Question

JD 2025r rear pto will not start. Light on dash comes on, pto is engaged but will not turn. Worked fine then next time I tried to use it, nothing
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Light only tells you the switch is on and has power. Check for voltage at the solenoid on the pto housing, if there is voltage the solenoid is not opening If no voltage, check the wires from the switch to the pto solenoid , looking for damage or a ad connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me where/how to look for the solenoid?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
After looking for solenoid, I don't see tat his one has it! Do you have a lever to engage the pto or just switch on dash? Parts book very confusing!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a lever with 3 positions, rear, center, both. A pull switch on dash and an indicator light on the dash
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The lever puts the pto in gear, the light comes on when the switch is pulled, so the switch has to energize the solenoid valve on the side of the transmission to engage the pto clutch! But I see no solenoid listed! Let me opt out and see if one of the Deere techs is online. Please don;t respond to me or it will lock the question. Sorry.