Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

1986 ford 1710*****tractor. 2 years ago the clutch

Customer Question

1986 ford 1710*****tractor.
2 years ago the clutch would not engage. I tried several times and then it engaged and worked for several jobs. It happened again but cleared itself again, no problem for the rest of the summer. Stored the unit for the winter and when spring came it worked well for several small jobs, then I could not make it engage, though the last time I used it, the clutch would engage when the pedal was pushed but not until I engaged the brakes.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
So clutch does not engage? Can you shift the gears without them grinding? It's not uncommon for the clutch to stick to the flywheel and not disengage, so you can't get tractor is gear, but usually it does not stick open!