Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Century 3045 that will not engage front wheel

Customer Question

I have a Century 3045 that will not engage front wheel assist.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Front axle has a drive shaft that goes from front of the transmission to the front axle. It has couplers on each end. Is this shaft turning at either end when the FWD is selected? How do you engage the FWD, with a lever (mechanical)or with a switch. (electrical)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A lever. It does not turn when put in 4-wheel drive,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this trouble shooting would be better over the phone my number is(###) ###-####Thank You
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Does the lever feel like it is going int gear? Look at the shaft where i leaves the front of the transmission, the output shaft may be turning, but the shaft has sheared off the coupler or pin holding the two part together.