Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Having issues getting the blades to engage on f525 john deere 1993 mow

Customer Question

Having issues getting the blades to engage on f525 john deere 1993 mower. Just bought mower at sale, it worked fine the the first few mowings. Seems to me that there might be a short or bad switch.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a voltmeter to test the pto switch and the pto clutch? Do you have any starting issue, that would indicate the battery voltage is low? If battery voltage is below 12 volts, the pto clutch will not engage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I waited too long for an answer, your first response took at least 15 mimutes. I worked with my brother in-law decided to replace the switch and the mower works like a charm. I wasn't happy with time it took or the response I received, I am not willing to pay the amount charged.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, the experts on this site work when they have the time, I work from home and answered as soon as I turned on the computer. 53 minutes after you posted the question.