Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Massey Ferguson 1648 2011 engine running strong but just

Customer Question

Massey Ferguson 1648 2011 engine running strong but just stops pulling if hit little hill but does not die.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
with diesel engine it is always fuel starvation. Have you replaced the fuel filter and checked the supply line coming from the tank to the filer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rpm are staying at 2200 always
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine is not dropping power. It is acting like a clutch slipping but it is a sycronised transmission just like my larger one. It dies if I bog it down. I am not bogging it down as the mower is staying running at full speed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am talking about my 5230 case dies if I bog it down. (Very rarely happpens)
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The 1648 does have a manual clutch, do you have freeplay in the pedal? If no freeplay, the clutch does not fully return and put maximum pressure on the pressure plate. do you have a loader on the tractor? How many hours? The clutch could be worn.