dd85
dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership
15057492

I have a New Holland TN 85. The alarm keeps going off and none

Customer Question

I have a New Holland TN 85. The alarm keeps going off and none of the warning lights are on. Any suggestions?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
This sounds like the Park brake alarm. It could be caused by the operators presence switch not working. does it go off when you pull on the park brake?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only goes off while the tractor is in motion, not when sitting still with brake engaged. Where is it located and how do I fix it?
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
Does it alarm when you are sitting in the seat and take off the park brake?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It only alarms when the tractor is in motion
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
No light on the instrument cluster are flashing? is this a TN85 A DA SA or FA Cab or no cab?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's TN 85 A DA with a cab. No lights are on on the dash
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I found a little more on the alarm. Do you have Shuttle on the left of the steering wheel? Does it work with out using the Clutch? also see the bottom of this The operator's presence alarm system is an audible alarm to alert / caution the operator of a possible unsafe situation.As an example, with the tractor running and the operator out of the seat and the power take off engaged, the alarm sounds to remind the operator to disengage the PTO before going near the rear of tractor.The system consists of a seat switch, a PTO position switch, a parking brake switch, and an alarm module with buzzer (see attachment). The systems is powered by the ignition switch and various fuses. Some system also interact with the safety start relay and a PTO relay.Typically the alarm sounds in the following conditions:Ignition key ON with the engine running, no operator in the seat, with a disengaged parking brake and / or an engaged PTO. In this situation the audible alarm will sound for a total of 10 seconds with one second between pulses and will then shut off. The alarm can be shut off before 10 seconds if the operator returns to seat, or engages parking brake, or disengages the PTO.Ignition key and engine OFF, indifferent seat (in or out of seat), and indifferent PTO status (engaged or disengaged). The alarm will sound if the parking brake is disengaged.Ignition key ON and engine running with operator in seat. Alarm is inactive.February 2008 UpdateThere is also a direct alarm function to warn the operator of conditions that could endanger the tractor. These conditions include, but are not limited to:Engine coolant temperature high Engine oil temperature low Air filter restricted Hydraulic oil temperature high Transmission lube pressure low
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not have the shuttle on the left, must use clutch to shift from forward to reverse
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
Okay, on the 1 2 3 4 shift lever does it have buttons ?it still could be one of the There is also a direct alarm function to warn the operator of conditions that could endanger the tractor. These conditions include, but are not limited to:Engine coolant temperature highEngine oil temperature lowAir filter restrictedHydraulic oil temperature highTransmission lube pressure low
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't have buttons. What is transmission lube pressure low?
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
The transmission lube pressure is what lubricates the transmission bearings, but only has a fault on the Power shuttle transmission.Please look at the attached, is this the instrument cluster you have? if so does when the key is turned to ON does # 21 22 or 12 come on for just a second?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is the gauge cluster that I have. Number 22 comes on for a second when the key is first turned on.
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
Well, If no Fault codes are coming up and no lights on the instrument cluster. I don't know where to go. I am going to OPT out and see if anyone else has any ideas.