Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My slv 90 has 750 hours and i have lost all power in the lift

Customer Question

My slv 90 has 750 hours and i have lost all power in the lift arms and bucket curl controls. fluid was 3 gallons low due to broken fitting/hose. if i race the engine it will lift the bucket but not with anything in it. Anyone have any thoughts. already replaced filters and breather filter and changed and topped off fluid.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Was it working well before the hose problem? Was it run with the oil low for any length of time? The hydraulic pump is separate from the drive pumps, so it can have a problem and drive would not be affected. Either the hydraulic pump has failed from being run dry, or the hydraulic relief valve is stuck open, not letting the system pressure up. No pressure, you have no lift.