Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My father drove his kioti dk551 to where he was going to use

Customer Question

my father drove his kioti dk551 to where he was going to use it later that day and turned it off. When he returned a few hours later the engine wouldn't turn over. Assuming that he left something on and the battery was flat he changed the battery but the same problem. we have checked all the fuses we can but they all seem good. Not sure what to check next???
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have power to the keyswitch? Do the glow plugs come on when key is turned on? If not, you have lost power to the switch, Check the fuses , and if fuses are good, look for a fusible link near the starter wiring. Will look like a fuse soldered in a wire. If you do have power to the switch, be sure the pto is off, seat switch is working. what was the tractor hooked up to? Or was he bush hogging? Look for pto switch or harness damage from debris.