Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Have a steiger 485 I replaced the engine in it (iveco 12.9)

Customer Question

Have a steiger 485 I replaced the engine in it (iveco 12.9) due to mechanical failure of old engine now new engine will only crank but not start. I bleed the fuel system and have white smoke from exausht.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
I assume this is mechanical injection engine and not electronic. If you loosen high pressure line to an injector , do you get fuel squirting or just dribbling? Did new engine come with injection pump already installed? Is the fuel shutoff solenoid getting battery voltage when the key is on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's electronic injection sir. Has to bleeder screws one on fuel filter houseing and one on water neck where the fuel passes back trough the head I don't have alot of knowledge of iveco engines but I'm not getting any diagnostic codes while cranking.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
I don't know beans about the electronic engines. I will opt out and see if anyone else will answer. Please do not respond to me or it will lock the question to me. Sorry.