Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Thanks, ***** ***** on a john deere tractors , can't get fuel out of i

Customer Question

Thanks, ***** ***** on a john deere tractors , can't get fuel out of injection pump, seems like fuel cut out has no electric power going to it
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If there is no power to the fuel shutoff on the pump then check the fuses and relays first and if ok then test for power in and out of the IGN switch in the on and cranking position for a possible faulty switch. To check the solenoid on the pump run a jumper to the solenoid for 12V to verify the engine will start and the solenoid and pump are good but be sure the other wire is not connected to prevent any backfeeding to the IGN switch. Let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your assessment is what I had already done, I fixed the one hour after I tested you, your message back to me 16 hours later was no help, sorry- please bill me the initial $5.00 only, thank you