Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 1850 disc drill that is building too much pressure

Customer Question

I have a 1850 disc drill that is building too much pressure in the tanks. it is pegging the gauges out. we put a new meter roller assembly on and it seemed to help for one tank, but the gauges just started to rise and I have tried the seals for the manifold but nothing works. any suggestions would be appreciated.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** be glad to try to help. Too much return pressure is caused by either a restriction in the return, faulty drive motor building too much case pressure, or a sticking relief valve. This could potentially sending too much return pressure back to the tanks. Let me know if you need any further help or if we need to dig deeper into this