Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Technician
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

Do all agricultural trailers have to have hydraulic brakes

Customer Question

do all agricultural trailers have to have hydraulic brakes?
Submitted: 1 year ago via InBrief.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.All states require that every trailer with a gross vehicle weightrating (GVWR) of 3,000 lbs or greater is required to have brakes “adequate to control the movement of and to stop and to hold” thevehicle.It varys from state to state:The trailer brakes may be air, electric or hydraulic, but must be applied by the driverof the towing vehicle from its cab..Some States have laws likeTransporting products, equipment, materials or supplies used in agricultural pursuits from market tofarm or in their transfer from farm to farm or from one part of a farm to another part of the same farm; orDelivering such trailer to any farm.”.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..
hello?
.