Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

1999 new holland ts110 3point lift arms goes up very slowly

Customer Question

1999 new holland ts110 3point lift arms goes up very slowly fluid level OK once the arms are up they stay up.pulled line of helper cylinder seems to have low presure low volume checked lift lever getting full stoke do not have gauge to check pump charge presure changed charge pump filter have a full set of fractory books they are not much help with this problem any suggestions
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 2 years ago.
on the right side of the seat is there a Panel with 3 or 4 knobs on it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no just the lift lever and draft control knob no speed control or anything ftakt

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

you did not reply, does this mean you don't know?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello?

Expert:  dd85 replied 2 years ago.
I am here just away for a few minutes.What transmission does this Ts have?12 x 12 or 16 x 16. There are different hydraulic pumps depending on the transmission. if 12 x 12 do your remotes work?When working the remotes raise the 3 point do the remotes slow down?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

transmission is 16x16 all remotes work good flow good pressure good I am sorry I should have told you that is there a no. I could call you at I am not very good at computers no the remotes do not slow down

Expert:  dd85 replied 2 years ago.
Okay, the remotes and the 3 point run off the same pump, so if the remotes have not slowed down, then it is most likely an internal linkage problem. Is the low pressure light coming on ? or any lights on the instrument cluster. If you raise the 3 point and dead head a remote lever (no hoses hooked to the remote) does the 3 point speed up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no there are no lights coming on I don't think it is internal leakage because the arms stay up with a load on them for about 15 minutes with tractor dead ro running also with running the auto hold you can hear rise the load to keep at preset hight of about 1 second than stops if it was internal I would think the arms would drop very fast with engine off also makes no differce in speed with load or no load on arms also it made a very very slight differcein arm speed working with remote pulled against relief valves also I could hear a faint buzzing sound coming from pump with lift lever in raised position sorry I did not get sooner to you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

also when I started the tractor I run the engine low idle toggle the remotes aginst relive valves to get low pressure light to filker or come on same thing with lift lever nothing happened on light and the light does work load is 7ft brush it will stay up overnite with no bleed down which tells me spool valve and cylinder ok if relief valve to arms were stuck or broken spring would arms stay up I understsnd toggleing remotes would direct more pressure or volume to arms which when I did that engine was full thorttle

Expert:  dd85 replied 2 years ago.
Try with the engine about 1200 rpm, raise the 3 point and dead head a remote, see if the 3 point arms go faster. Why we are doing this is the system is Load Sense activated. There is flow from the pump all the time and standby pressure, when a remote or the 3 point is used the Sense line move the pump to full flow. If the 3 point Sense line or elbow is not working, we fool the pump to full flow by dead heading a remote. You refereed to a "running the auto hold" is this a switch on the right of the joystick? If so do you have See attached this panel on the right side?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the knob is the draft control lever with about 15 notches in it to set the lift arm hight it does still work set engine at 1200 rpm moved arm lever up you could hear the pump trying to do something toggled the aux handle it has 4 positions 3 positions did not seem to make any difference 4 position pump made different sound none of them made arms go any faster tractor also has a front loader with supply lines tapped to aux hyd. ports on rear loader works fine even lift lever in raised position the arms did not go any faster when loader handle was toggled should I try to toggle aux hyd and loader at same time to fool sense line I will try that and get back to you soon

Expert:  dd85 replied 2 years ago.
Do you have 2 levers on the right side of the seat to control the 3 point? You said you had "the knob is the draft control lever with about 15 notches in it to" is this a KNOB (round) or a lever?