Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a John Deere 4400 compact tractor. When key is turned

Customer Question

I have a John Deere 4400 compact tractor. When key is turned I get nothing (like when you try to start it with the PTO on). Lights, turn signal etc work. Battery is new. I have checked PTO (no light showing that is engaged). Checked safety button under the seat (wire coating is brittle but nothing to short). Checked other equipment-I have had this happen when engine turned off when equipment is up etc. Have rocked tractor. Nothing worked.
What else should I check?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you get the fuel solenoid click when the key is turned on? If no click from the fuel solenoid, there may be no voltage at the keyswitch . Do you have a voltmeter or test light to check the voltages? When was tractor last started? What is battery voltage when checked?