Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have an st-35 hydro that has trouble moving or pushing a

Customer Question

i have an st-35 hydro that has trouble moving or pushing a load. replaced all hydro filters and fluid, cleaned strainer on left side of trans, and pulled pump off and saw some scoring inside so replaced that as well. it has gotten better with all of this but still isnt right. Is there another strainer or filter somewhere that im missing or might be clogged? any suggestions?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is your front axle pulling? Have you ran a pressure test of the hydrostat system. There is a relief valve that can be reliving pressure too soon, keeping the hydrostat from developing full power.?? I see no other strainers or filters before the hydraulic pump. Do you have front end loader and does it have adequate power? Does the three point have power? all work off the same hydraulic pump.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cust did complain about the 4x4 not engaging, how do you pressure test the system? before i replaced pump and filters bucket wouldnt function properly like it lost pressure just the same as the drive, but now it works perfectly. the bucket will pick the front of the tractor off the ground now.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
So pressure is ok, The front drive shaft has couplers, and if either end is broken you have no drive, With no FWD tractor will not push load.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but what does that have to do with the hydraulics. it will move ok in "turtle" gear by itself but wont push into a dirt pile, and in either 1 or 2 "rabit" it will move by itself if you push the pedal slowly but if you just hit the pedal like normal it just stops. no whining no grinding. just flat out stops.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Is the clutch slipping, from what I see , this tractor has a clutch before the hydrostat. Does the clutch pedal have freeplay? Hydro stat will not pull, if the input shaft stops!