Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My 1998 John Deere 345 lawn tractor runs to 30 minutes

Customer Question

my 1998 John Deere 345 lawn tractor runs for 20 to 30 minutes and then the motor dies I have changed the coils and the fuel pump and the fuel filter and I have clean the gas tank and replaced fuel lines I have yet to clean the carburetor I will do that today I am still wondering if there is another issue though possibly a PC board
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have electric solenoid in the base of the carburetor? Remove it, and plug the hole and run test to see if engine dies. Does not sound like PC board! Look at the board, it will have two LED's, both should stay on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there is no electric solenoid on the carburetor this is a 1998 tractor with the Kawasaki two cylinder. I drained the bowl, quite a bit of gunk came out. I then ran the tractor for 1 hour before it died. we are now pulling the carb and doing a complete cleaning.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK, later model shows to have solenoid, but cleaning the carburetor is the right move. Thanks for the reply.