Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have a Simplicity garden tractor. Legacy XL 60". Interesting

Customer Question

I have a Simplicity garden tractor. Legacy XL 60". Interesting because it has a Kawasaki motor, water-cooled. It won't start. Over the winter I started it every other week. Sometimes it would do a loud click but the electric fuel pump purred. I figured the battery is old, so I either waited a couple days or put on a jump, and it would start. Come Spring I replaced the battery, and it started fine. For a few weeks. Now it doesn't start even with a powerful jump. It clicks loudly and the fuel pump purrs, but no crank. No turning over.
Help me get it started and solve the problem? Or do I need to take to mechanic (who is of course booked for weeks). If I do take to mechanic, I don't know how to push the thing without starting it. It doesn't have a pin to pull to disengage the transmission.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Where is the click? At the starter solenoid? Can you jump the starter solenoid and see if engine spins? You may only need a new solenoid!