Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My 240 tractor was running fine for about an hour. I turned

My 240 tractor was running fine for about an hour. I turned it off for a few minutes. When I started it up again and engaged the pto, the engine suddenly started running very rough. I turned off the pto but the engine still ran rougher than it normally does. If I brought the throttle down a bit, she ran smooth.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Gina-Moderator replied 11 months ago.

I'm Gina and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Gina~Moderator
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I will wait to see what you can come up with.

Thanks

Hello

Thank you we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Gina~Moderator
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.
Good morning, this is the Kawasaki engine and the early models have an ignition module, a single wire goes to it on the right side of the engine shroud. Try unplugging this and see if engine runs any better. This is a common fault on this engine. It was not used on the later engines. Deere had a bulletin on it, DPAC SOLUTION 54 382, I never knew what the bulletin said!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hello Curtis

You hit the nail on the head sir ! Actually the module had come partially unplugged. It was hanging on by only the plastic around the contact and not really noticeable. So I plugged it in completely, turned on the engine and engaged the pto several times. Drove it around alittle engaging and disengaging the pto and it ran great. I want to thank you so much for your help !!! I am out of work right now and would not have been able to afford having a dealer look at it. This helped us tremendously.

Alex

Good job! Glad it was minor problem. Thank you!
Curtis B., Technician
Experience: Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.