dd85
dd85, Foreman
Experience:  Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership
15057492

I have a NH TCDA40. I bought it used. It had a backhoe on it.

I have a NH TCDA40. I bought it used. It had a backhoe on it. I took the backhoe off to mount a brush hog but the hydraulic arms for the 3 pt hitch will not lift. The front loader works fine. The hydraulic fluid is up to the full mark.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 11 months ago.

dd85 :

Does the Backhoe operate off the Rear Remote? or does it have hoses going from the back to the right middle of the tractor?

dd85 :

if it has hoses are they male and female? if so couple them together, this will continue the flow loop.

Customer:

The backhoe does not operate off the rear remote. It has hoses that run to the right middle of the tractor. I think one hose is male and the other female.

Customer:

The hoses are attached to the backhoe permanently. When I unhitch the backhoe they stay with it, not the tractor. The hoses on the backhoe plug into quick connects. So my earlier response to you was incorrect - the hoses cannot be male and female if they both plug into a quick connect.

dd85 :

What is the Model number of the Backhoe?

dd85 :

I think I have it. click here to see pictures of how the hydraulics should have been hooked up.

dd85 :

on the bottom picture the line Ref 7 goes to a coupler ref 6 , this should have been where you unhooked.

dd85 :

ref 6 needs to connect at Ref 14 on the block on side of tractor.

Customer:

I think you are probably correct in your diagnosis. I am trying to go from memory (the backhoe is in a shed across the road for the winter and the tractor is in my garage so I am trying to remember what it looked like assembled 2 months ago - I have not had the tractor very long so I am not all that accustomed to it). I am having trouble trying to picture in my mind whether there is a line 7 equivalent on my tractor/backhoe.

Customer:

The backhoe is model # XXXXX It is a well known brand but it escapes me at the moment (the memory is not working as well at 58 as it used to at 28).

dd85, Foreman
Experience: Service manger for over 18 years in same Dealership