Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Certified.

how to fix leaking oil return from the top of the head on a

how to fix leaking oil return from the top of the head on a 1620 H Deutz fahr Motor.

I'm Gina and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our professionals?

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello, no we haven't got an answer yet and would still like to get a response on this question, cheers.

Hello Daniel

Thank you we will continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.

Where exactly is the leak coming from?

Could you elaborate please?

Is it a fitting or hose?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, its a 10mm steel tube that returns oil from the top of the head back to the sump, all 8 cylinders have one of these. The tube is a little loose and oil is pushing out and seeping down the outside of the bore which could cause a fire issue during grain harvest.

It looks like the tube is flared on the end to seal in the head but we're just not too sure how to attack it.

Thankyou for your help.

I see. Thanks for the information.

If it is a little loose, it would most likely need to be replaced. Being loose makes me believe is it not the exact shape it should be so it's leaking.

If you are not able to replace it. You may be able to remove it and bend it so it will see.

Let me know if you need more help.
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience: I am ASE Master Certified.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate ur help but that's just pointing out the obvious, Im looking for a little more detail on the type of fitting and how it seals. I understand u can only do so much without looking at it so thankyou.