Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

I have a 6120 d deere that runs till it gets hot,then shuts

I have a 6120 d deere that runs till it gets hot,then shuts down. After sitting a couple of hours it may or may not run. I have tightened the rubber hoses to the filters,replaced the filters and replaced the priming pump

Curtis B. :

Check the fuel shutoff solenoid in the injection pump cover, look for the two posts coming through the post. Should have battery voltage as soon as key is turned on, and has to open the fuel passage , or injectors will get no fuel.

Curtis B. :

look for the two post coming through the pump cover! Sorry.

It starts ok but after running sometimes several hours sometimes a short time it just shuts down. Do you suspect its the solenoid or in the wiring leading to it. Thanks,lew

Curtis B. :

I suspect the solenoid. But a quick check with voltmeter or test light to see if there is voltage would determine.