Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.

have a 1985 l235 kubota. lift was working fine, next would

Customer Question

have a 1985 l235 kubota. lift was working fine, next would not. there is no screen at transmission. changed cartridge filter at pump. now have replaced pump, still no lift. do not have manuel,bought used last year.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.

koboma :

Does the three point lift work? Does the power steering work? Looks like unit just has the one hydraulic pump for all functions. Is the loader the only thing not working? When you replaced the pump, did you check the drive gear in the engine?

koboma :

Is there oil flowing to the three point lift? Loosen line from pump to the lift to see if there is fluid flowing.

koboma :

Let me know. Thank you.

Curtis B., Technician
Experience: Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
just recieved your answer. do not have front end loader. took pressure line off where it goes in housing under seat. have flow there. 3point lift and steering inop. have replaced pump before i conntacted you. also noise now at steering housing after replacing pump and cartridge filter. have to go to work now. will check to see if you have answered me back. thanks for your help.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
If pump is sending oil to the three point housing, the flow control on the steering could be stuck, see steering valve picture, or the three point control valve should have relief valve stuck open. Breakdown for both attached.graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i know its been awhile. got a bad noisy pump from a tractor parts warehouse. tried what you tolded me. no power steering. took relief value apart unger seat cleaned and reinstalled, still maybe an inch of lift at full throttle while tractor moving in gear. I even reshimed the value both added shiming and removed shims. still nothing. I have been a class 8 truck mechanic for 33 yrs. but am diabled and am getting frustrated. will wait to see if you reply back before I take the whole top of housing off under seat to look to see if something is not plugged or oring blown. thanks, don
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Pump has to be capable of producing pressure, if it is, then the three point assembly would be the next thing to check, looking for the open or stuck valve!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so take off the whole top housing unit under seat?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
I would start by removing the control valve on the side of the housing and check it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i have done thar after our last chat aweek ago. cleaned it and have even tried reshiming more and less at the value spring. any valves inside the housing at the lift arms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,i have done thar after our last chat aweek ago. cleaned it  and have even tried reshiming more and less at the value spring. any valves inside the housing at the lift arms?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
The only other valve is under the housing, so it has to be removed!