Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.

Ford 2110 Tractor: I have a Ford 2110 Diesel Tractor. Very

I have a Ford 2110 Diesel Tractor. Very hard to start & puffs white smoke & knocks
What is the problem Its a 4 cylinder Diesel
I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would stil like an answer if you have one that can help me
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Hi, Thanks for using JA, I will assist you the best I can with the information you provide . Check for signs of milky sludge under your valve cover or under your oil fill cap ( Blown head gasket, cracked head, etc./ would need further diagnosis but engine overhaul/replacement from coolant contamination of bearings etc is the best remedy) Excessive white smoke if smoking like a steam engine usually indicates coolant entering the combustion chamber. A knock could be fuel related or mechanical. Crack loose your injection lines one at a time by letting fuel leak out and listen for a change. If a misfire is already on that cylinder, there will be little or no change on that cylinder telling you there is a problem in that cylinder. If a cylinder is firing properly, opening that injection line would create a misfire on that cylinder telling you that cylinder is firing OK. Once you have pinpointed the problem cylinder, you will need to determine whether it is firing or not (Fuel related) and if fuel is being injected in that cylinder but knocking, then it sounds like you may have a piston or rod knock on that cylinder. Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer or if you have any further questions.
Dan, Technician
Experience: 17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.