Marvin the Mechanic
Marvin the Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Mechanic for 36 years
32137885

I need to mount front license plate plate.... I think to the

Customer Question

I need to mount front license plate plate.... I think to the right of center.... Do I remove that slightly square cut out , just right of center of bumper. ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: How and where to place lic. Plate mount? I think just right of center front bumper... There appears to be a removable square thing that I think the lic. Plate mounting is placed...... My dealership has been , anything but helpful.....since one hour commute to dealership one way..... I chose to do it myself, even though I'm a RN, I have significant mechanical skills.....
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Acura. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: No, just how and where I mount the front lic. Plate bracket....li got attaching lic plate to the bracket down...... I just don't know wher exactly to place the front lic. Plate bracket.... I suspect, pop out the semi square cut out piece just right of center..... Screw in bracket screws....in that area....and secure the front plate.....while I'm an awesome nurse...... I do have mechanical ability.... But may be classified as " shade tree mechanic ".... I do have adequate tools , drills etc... Thankyou sally
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 9 days ago.

HI,

What is the year and model of your Acura

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
2017 TLX v6
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm pretty mechanical savvy, even though a nurse....Do I remove the semi square cut out just right on passenger side to get to bracket mounting screw holes?
Expert:  Eric replied 9 days ago.

I will need to opt out and see if another expert can help as I have not mounted one a 17 TLX and dont want to tell you the wrong way

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you.......all my instincts say pop out this square thing cut out in the bumber..... And that is where the bracket is mounted......but like you, I don't want to cosmetic ly mess up a new 2017 Acura.....
Expert:  Marvin the Mechanic replied 9 days ago.

The square in the bumper is to install a tow hook. They make a front license plate bracket that will go in there. There are a couple of guys that I work with have those license plate bracket. Check with your local parts stores