Ivan Alvarez
Ivan Alvarez,
Experience:  lead technician at Performance Tire and Automotive
96641215

I have a 2012 Honda pilot and this vehicle had an alarm

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Honda pilot and this vehicle had an alarm installed and now all the warnings lights are on and I have no communication with pcm. I scanned a bunch of module& I going to give the module & codes.(1). ABS: 86-12, 86-13, 86-14, 86-15 & 86-16. (2). SRS: 56-12. (3) Gauges: U0100, U0122, U0127 & U0151. (4). Tail Gate Module: U0100, U0122, U0127 & U0151. (5) Keyless Entry Mod.: U0155. I removed the alarm that was installed and still no communication with PCM & warning lights on. The gentlemen that installed the alarm assures me that there were no warning lights on
Category: Acura
Expert:  david craig replied 5 months ago.

Hi Im David, you should have never removed the alarm system yourself if it was installed by some tech at a shop. you need to take it back. they messed up the wiring by splicing into the wrong feed and communication lines.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I understand but they don't know what to do so I want to try to figure out where they screwed up if you can help me

sorry, im going to opt out as i have no information on aftermarket installations of anything. my belief is if you modify a car from what the factory put in it, then you should expect to have problems. you are letting the installation company off the hook.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Ivan Alvarez replied 5 months ago.

If you still need help I am willing to try.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sure let's give it a shot

Ok. Does the vehicle drive ok ? Have you tried clearing the codes you are able to get?

Also when you get a chance can you send me your vin# ***** I can make sure I'm looking at accurate wiring diagrams.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok give me a few

Sure no problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was able to figure it out.

Ok glad it worked out.